Saturday, July 17, 2010
Ingredients (makes 2-3 servings):
1.5 C of long grain rice, cooked
1/2 C chickpeas
5 pieces of dried shitake mushrooms
1/2 C soy sauce
1 onion (diced)
1 red sweet pepper (diced)
1/2 C corn
1 stalk broccoli
3 mushrooms (sliced)
1 green onion (chopped)
1 stalk of celery (chopped)
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
A dash of white pepper
1/2 tsp mushroom seasoning
1 tsp sesame oil
Mix ingredients well
1. Cook rice in 2 cups of water.
2. Soak chickpeas overnight. Cook 50 min. Drain. Cook in soy sauce and water for 10 min, then let the mix sit for an hour.
3. Soak Shitake mushrooms in hot water for 1 hour, then stir-fry.
4. Cut broccoli to small pieces, boil, set in cold water for 2 minutes, and then drain.
1. Heat a wok or frying pan & add 2 Tbsp of cooking oil
2. When the oil is hot, toss in the chopped onion & red pepper. Stir fry.
3. Add a dash of salt & the rice to the mix. Stir fry for at least 5 minutes.
4. Add chickpeas and corn. Stir fry more.
5. Add seasoning sauce to pan. Stir fry.
6. Add the broccoli & mushrooms. Stir fry.
7. Add the green onion and celery right before taking the rice off the fire.