Saturday, August 21, 2010
Ingredients (makes 4 or more servings):
1 C all-purpose flour
1 C whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 C sugar
1 C shredded zucchini
1 Tbsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 Tbsp vegan sour cream
3/4 C soy or almond milk
1/3 C raisins
1/3 C dry pineapples
1/4 C chopped walnuts or almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Line a 12-cup muffin pan (or 30-cup mini muffin) with paper cases or spray with nonstick cooking spray
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and sugar
4. In a medium bowl, combine zucchini, lemon zest, canola oil, sour cream and almond milk, stirring well
5. Make a well in the dry ingredients. Add zucchini mixture, raisins, pineapples & walnuts. Stir until just moist. Do not over mix.
6. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.