Saturday, September 18, 2010
50 grams (3 tablespoons) grain cereal
(wheat, spelt, oats, rye, millet, buckwheat, barley, or a mixture)
1/2 to 1 apple
1/2 to 1 banana
1/2 to 1 orange
5–6 nuts and seeds (almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, macadamia nuts,
coconut meat, sunflower seeds, etc.)
Lemon juice, soy milk,
soy yogurt (optional)
1. Grind the grains the night before.
2. Add some unboiled tap water so that the grains can swell up. All the grains should be covered enough.
3. Let the grains swell up at room temperature overnight, about 5-12 hours. Except for oats, no need to swell.
4. Put the swelled grains into the blender, add a roughly chopped apple (do not peeled the apple) and a peeled banana.
5. Add lemon juice, soy milk, or soy yogurt according to your preference.
6. Quickly blend the ingredients. The mixture shouldn’t really be homogenous, but rather have a more coarse consistency and not be too mushy.
7. Fill it in a nice little bowls.
8. Decorate it with fresh seasonal fruits like nectarine, apricot, peach, grapes, fresh figs, berries, pieces of pineapple, or anything you like.
9. Ready to be served.