Saturday, September 4, 2010
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
3 pieces of large rice paper (22 cm diameter)
3 pieces of small round rice paper
2 pieces of firm tofu
3 oz of sliced Textured Soy Protein (TSP)
1 carrot, cut into long strips
1 cucumber, cut into long strips or oblique slices
1 head of lettuce
3 stalks of cilantro
Large bowl of warm water
1 C water
4 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 tsp sugar
3 tsp soy sauce
Chili sauce (optional)
1. Soak TSP in warm water to 30 minutes, then squeeze out the water
2. Marinate the TSP in the following mixture:
1 Tbsp Vegetarian Oyster Mushroom Sauce
1 Tbsp Vegetarian Hoisin Sauce
1 Tbsp cold water
1/2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp mushroom seasoning
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1. Prepare the tofu - cut into small slices and pan fry, then remove from pan.
2. In the same frying pan, stir fry the marinated TSP.
1. Take 1 large & 1 small wrapper, then dip each into the bowl of warm water for 3 seconds.
2. Place the large wrapper on an empty plate, then line up the top edges of both wrappers and place the small wrapper on top of the larger.
3. Place leaves of lettuce on the rice papers, then top that with cilantro, tofu, carrots, TSP, and cucumbers.
4. Wrap the roll like a burrito: fold in the left and right sides, then roll forward tightly, wrapping all the ingredients in the rice papers.
5. Eat with dipping sauce.